As 2017 comes to a close, January brings more than just a new year. January is National Radon Action Month, and it is a great time to share with our communities about the health risks caused by radon and the importance of testing each home for radon levels over 4 pCi/L.
Here are a few ideas for spreading awareness about the dangers of radon:
- Join the WAR Campaign and become a Woman Against Radon. You will be given a bandana, wristband, and pin to show your support, and your donation will help CanSAR as they push for more strict regulations for radon. Join the community and find other women who are also committed to spreading awareness about radon.
- Sign the petition to support Liz’s Law to stop the senseless deaths that are occurring because of radon in your state.
- Share one of our printable resources with a friend, coworker, or your physician.
- Share our article on Why Should I Test My Home for Radon? on your social media pages.
- Offer to have a loved one’s home tested for radon.
- Talk to any friends who work in real estate to see if they are aware of the risks associated with indoor radon.
Sharing is caring – With information as important as this, it really is caring to tell your loved ones so that they can test their homes for radon.